Happiness consists in giving, and in serving others. – Henry Drummond
Adam Braun is the founder and CEO of Pencils of Promise, a non-profit organization that is committed to build schools and provide education to the needy children in the developing countries.
In his TEDTALK presentation, he shares with us the five phrases that literally change his life, and hopefully us as well.
1. Get out of your comfort zone.
2. Challenge your assumptions, so that you can find your truths.
3. Speak the language of the person you seek to become.
4. Make the little decisions with your head, and the big ones with your heart.
5. How can you create the most positive impact on as many lives as possible?
Behind each phrase is a personal story of Adam, where he has this enlightenment of how his life would unfold. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
These are the things that we usually take for granted. Only when we are ready to change, would all these take the spotlights and we are like, “Aha, why didn’t I think of it sooner?”
What would be your life-changing phrases?